Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Permissions for Discovery Diagnostic (network insight)

Techie
2945     0

Hi @all,

we are running Infoblox IPAM with Network Insight (NIOS 8.3.6). We have a couple of roles with dedicated permissions for the tasks the admins has to do. Now I want to allow my IPAM admins to do a "Discovery diagnostic" for the switches but I do not know which permissions they need for this task.  I tried a lot of permission but was not able to find the correct one. At the moment the role has the following permissions.

permissions_2.jpg

Unfortunately that is not enough because the tasks are greyed out:

tasks.jpg

Which permissions do I have to add to the role to enable the discovery tools for our IPAM admins?

Thanks in advance

Volker

VJ

Re: Permissions for Discovery Diagnostic (network insight)

Techie
2946     0

Hi Volker,

Based on NIOS Admin Guide, Discovery Diagnostics can only be launched by Superusers. Please find the relevant portion from the Admin Guide below: 

Superusers can initiate and control discovery on all networks. Some discovery functions require superuser permissions

• Grid Discovery properties
  • Uploading, Viewing and deletion of device support bundles
  • Launching Discovery Diagnostics
  • Launching Discovery Status

Reference: https://docs.infoblox.com/display/NAG8/Administrative+Permissions+for+Discovery

Regards,

Vishnu Nair

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You

Businesses are investing heavily into securing company resources from cyber-attacks form cybercrimin