Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Reserved IP ranges from a specific subnet didn't showing DNS ,DNS suffixs,Domain name and gateway

3589     0

Hi,

Need assistance,i have configured subnet i.e. 10.29.64.0/18  in Infoblox wherein i have configured all required details like DNS suffix,default gateway and domain name.Now i have reserved a range i.e. 10.29.70.1 - 10.29.80.254. within the same subnet 

Now the issue is that DNS suffix,default gateway and domain name is not visible for that specific range which i have reserved. However i can see the same under 10.29.64.0/18.

Re: Reserved IP ranges from a specific subnet didn't showing DNS ,DNS suffixs,Domain name and gatewa

3590     0

Hello there,

This is an expected behavior.

IPv4 Reserved Ranges are not designed to inherit the configuration / options from a higher level.

Once you convert the Reserved Range into active IPv4 DHCP Range by assigning a Member to it, it will inherit the settings configured at the Network / Member / Grid DHCP Properties.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You

Businesses are investing heavily into securing company resources from cyber-attacks form cybercrimin