Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

TXT/SPF Import Error.

Techie
4610     0

I was finally able to try and import some of these and I received the following error:

"Line 2: Insertion aborted due to Cannot add an empty named record to the zone test.ad, which is not authoritative"

I saw that in this particular View, this domain is a Forwarding domain. Is that to say that the SPF records are only allowed/needed in Authoratative domains?

Thanks.

Re: TXT/SPF Import Error.

Adviser
4610     0

Records of any type can only be added to an authoritative zone. Forward zones are intended to be used when you want to direct queries for that zone to another server and that other server is where records are served from.

If you intend to serve records from this Infoblox server/Grid, you may need to delete and re-add the zone as an authoritative zone.

Regards,

Tony

Re: TXT/SPF Import Error.

Techie
4610     0

Thanks, Tony. I was able to resolve this once I actually got in there and started looking.

Much appreciated.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You