Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Using the infoblox CSV import option for bulk A records add and Delete. Also Bulk Cname records

1216     0

My company is standing up a DR site in the AWS cloud.I need to be able to quickly modify A records and Cnames in infoblox. I would like to import a cvs excel formated spreadsheet to delete A records and ptr record, create new A records and ptr records. Then I would like to import a cvs excel formated spreadsheet to create new CNames records and then Modify old Cnames records. I trying to for the correct cvs excel format to enter the data in.  Thanks

Re: Using the infoblox CSV import option for bulk A records add and Delete. Also Bulk Cname records

1217     0

Go to a DNS zone on your Infoblox, click on it and make sure you have some A / CNAME records in this zone. In the control buttons above the zone, you have an export button:

export.png

Select "Export data in Infoblox CSV import format".

In the exported file, you can see the format you need. Columns marked with a star in the header line are mandatory, other columns can be removed if you dont need them.

More detailed info can be found here:

CSV Import Reference - Infoblox NIOS 8.6 - Infoblox Documentation Portal

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You