Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Using the infoblox CSV import option for bulk A records add and Delete. Also Bulk Cname records

1171     0

My company is standing up a DR site in the AWS cloud.I need to be able to quickly modify A records and Cnames in infoblox. I would like to import a cvs excel formated spreadsheet to delete A records and ptr record, create new A records and ptr records. Then I would like to import a cvs excel formated spreadsheet to create new CNames records and then Modify old Cnames records. I trying to for the correct cvs excel format to enter the data in.  Thanks

Re: Using the infoblox CSV import option for bulk A records add and Delete. Also Bulk Cname records

1172     0

Go to a DNS zone on your Infoblox, click on it and make sure you have some A / CNAME records in this zone. In the control buttons above the zone, you have an export button:

export.png

Select "Export data in Infoblox CSV import format".

In the exported file, you can see the format you need. Columns marked with a star in the header line are mandatory, other columns can be removed if you dont need them.

More detailed info can be found here:

CSV Import Reference - Infoblox NIOS 8.6 - Infoblox Documentation Portal

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You