Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Weird DNS issue, NRPE

[ Edited ]
514     0

HI,

Today I changed DNS servers on our CentOS nagios install and all of my checks are still communicating except for one.It uses check_cpu_stats via NRPE.The check actually succeeds when I use the IP address of the host, but fails when I use the hostname (or FQDN).So, DNS right? The weird thing is an nslookup resolves the host correctly, using the new name server.I thought it was a cache issue, but the correct IP seems to be showing. Also, other NRPE checks on the same host (using DNS name) succeed.I'm puzzled! Any input or thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Please help.

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References:-

https://support.nagios.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34342&p=149844

Creative infographic design studio

Thanks

Re: Weird DNS issue, NRPE

Adviser
515     0

What's the relation to infoblox?

Re: Weird DNS issue, NRPE

Adviser
515     0

From your description, it is not clear how your DNS is setup. If you are using Infoblox servers for your DNS, you may want to open a case with Infoblox Support and they can help you debug this issue. If you are not using Infoblox for your DNS services, then you would want to request help from your ISP.

Regards,

Tony

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You