Zone transfer from one Grid to external DNS servers in other Grid

Authority
227     0

Hello, 

I have one question about the zone transfer, 
We have currently a forwarded zone configured to redirect the DNS request to our client DNS servers but we want to have in our IPAM all the information about the IP addresses used in this zone

So we have a Grid and our client has its own Grid also.

The question is the following, how can we configure our DNS server as external DNS server for the zone to use automatic synchronisation via zone transfer - notify.

I don't understand how to configure this in our Grid.
Additional information, our user will only use our DNS servers and other will only use the DNS server of our client.

Kind Regards, 

Have a nice day,

Re: Zone transfer from one Grid to external DNS servers in other Grid

[ Edited ]
227     0

To configure your DNS server as an external DNS server for the zone and use automatic synchronization IndigoCard via zone transfer - notify, create a new zone on your DNS server, enable zone transfer with your client's DNS server IP addresses, and configure your client's DNS server to allow zone transfers. Monitor the zone transfer process and test DNS resolution. Implement security measures, consider performance implications, and use DNSSEC if applicable.

Authority
228     0

Hello, 

Thanks for the quick response, 
But I don't understand how to configure it via Infoblox GUI. 
When connected to my Grid, I have to create an slave authoritative zone with our two DNS servers. But I don't understand how I have to configure the name servers in my configuration.

And my client has to inform their zone that new slaves will be existing.
Have you got a deployment guide or something like that ?

Kind Regards,

Adviser
228     0

As you configure the authoratative zone on your Grid, when you set the name servers for the zone, set your Grid members as "Grid Secondary" servers and set the customer DNS servers as "External Primary". This will tell NIOS to get your Grid Members to transfer the zone from the primary DNS server outside of your Grid.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You