11-30-2021 08:11 AM - edited 11-30-2021 08:16 AM
Since the NIOS 8.5.3 release in late July 2021, the Infoblox NIOS Product team has continued development of our flagship platform and is proud to announce the latest features and benefits included in NIOS 8.x. With NIOS 8.6.1 (GA November 30, 2021), Infoblox continues over two decades of investment in DNS, DHCP and IPAM so customers can deploy the most reliable, robust and secure core network services for the hybrid network:
NIOS delivers efficient, multi-cloud integrations and automation,
strengthens DDI visibility, user experience and control,
and enhances enterprise data and infrastructure protection
for hybrid networks of any size today—and for the future.
NIOS 8.6.1 continues to deliver value through three primary themes:
- Expanded Workplace Modernization – Multi-Cloud Integration and Automation
- Stronger DDI – Improved Visibility, User Experience and Control
- Advanced Enterprise Security – Enhanced Data and Infrastructure Protection
As organizations transition traditional data centers to modern environments with increasingly distributed operations, network and DevOps teams need better tools to manage the complexities of the hybrid, multi-cloud network. NIOS 8.6.1 addresses these challenges by delivering customer-driven requests, new functionality and enhanced solutions as follows:
- Expanded Workplace Modernization. Extends multi-cloud integration and automation through:
- vNIOS for Ansible Collection for improved user experience and automation;
- vNIOS for Azure Stack to enable VMs for extended Azure flexibility and scalability;
- vNIOS 4015 KVM Appliance for Red Hat OpenShift to add capacity and simplify infrastructure; and
- VMware IPAM updates for vRO v8.0 for better control with VMware’s VM provisioning workflows. Infoblox enables workplace modernization with the best in enterprise-grade DDI and the widest support for virtualized and cloud environments.
- Improved DDI Visibility, User Experience and Control. Strengthens market leading DDI services through:
- API Extended Token Sessions for enhanced productivity and user experience;
- CLI Network Time Protocol (NTP) Server and Grid Manager (GM) Sync with a system timestamp for better user experience and control;
- Disabling Splunk Syslog Messages to conserve resources and add visibility to quickly find needed data;
- DNS Traffic Control (DTC) Extensible Attribute (EA) Ruleset for Containers and Hosts using metatag data for improved management flexibility;
- DTC Grid Manager Candidate (GMC) Health Status Display to enrich visibility into Grid member system health;
- NameServer Group Lead Secondary Overview for greater visibility and user experience in configuration and troubleshooting;
- Network Insight Lightweight Access Point (LWAP) Display improving resource discovery, visibility and control; and
- WAPI Host Record Creation Time Display for better visibility and experience with system timestamps.
- Advanced Enterprise Security. Enhances data and infrastructure protection through:
- Elliptical Curve Digital Signature Algorithm (ECDSA) for DNSSEC and Zone Signing, a key algorithm to protect data and infrastructure with shorter encryption keys.
Channel Partner Highlight: Hybrid cloud network integrations, visibility and improved user experiences are essential for organizations migrating to modernized environments. They drive engagement, improve ROI, add value, promote trust and generate greater revenue. NIOS 8.6.1 opens doors by delivering upgrades and tools that add and expand multi-cloud integration and automation, increase DDI visibility, user experience and control, and enhance data and infrastructure protection—all from the market leader in reliable, hybrid core network and security solutions.
Our new solutions and existing feature enhancements are described in more detail in the NIOS 8.x Release Notes. There are also new and updated NIOS 8.6.1 resources including:
Infoblox Case Studies
- European Healthcare System
- Multi-National Industrial Conglomerate
- U.S. Regional Healthcare System
- Satellite Broadband Firm
- Texas Rangers and Globe Life Field
- WAVE Rural Connect Internet Service Provider
Infoblox Release Notes
Infoblox Solution Note
Infoblox Thought Leadership Blogs
- Automating DTC Creation with Ansible Tasks and Infoblox NIOS
- NIOS 8.6.1 Expands Infoblox DDI for Microsoft Azure Stack and Hybrid Cloud Deployments
Infoblox Website Landing Page
If you are interested to learn more about the latest Infoblox NIOS enhancements, visit NIOS 8.x on Infoblox.com or contact your Infoblox Account Manager or Solution Architect.