Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

VMware

vRA 8.1 and Infoblox 1.1 Plugin

7088     0

I have been unsuccessful with getting vRA 8.1 to integrate with with new 1.1 plugin.  The "IP Allocate" task fails with the following error:

" IP ALLOCATE failed: Cannot create 'record:host' object(s): b'{ "Error": "AdmConDataNotFoundError: View default not found", \n "code": "Client.Ibap.Data.NotFound", \n "text": "View default not found"\n}' [code 404] (less)"

So it seems that it cannot create a host record and mentions the "default view."  We don't use the default view in Infoblox, we use one for "internal" and one for "external."  Does anyone know if I need to set this in vRA?  I don't know where to do that though.  It looks like you can add properties on the Infoblox integration but if that's the missing piece, what's the property name that I need?  This seems so different than the plugin for 7.6 which relied heavily on Orchestrator.  This one doesn't seem to use it at all.  Any tips would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: vRA 8.1 and Infoblox 1.1 Plugin

7089     0

Nevermind folks.  Figured it out.  For those who run into this, you need to add the Infoblox.IPAM.Network.dnsView property to the integration and then also to the blueprint.  This will allow you to specify a DNS view other than default.  Cheers.

7089     0

Could you show an example of your blueprint and integration?

thanks

[ Edited ]
7089     0

@dgrove12 wrote: upsers

I have been unsuccessful with getting vRA 8.1 to integrate with with new 1.1 plugin.  The "IP Allocate" task fails with the following error:

" IP ALLOCATE failed: Cannot create 'record:host' object(s): b'{ "Error": "AdmConDataNotFoundError: View default not found", \n "code": "Client.Ibap.Data.NotFound", \n "text": "View default not found"\n}' [code 404] (less)"

So it seems that it cannot create a host record and mentions the "default view."  We don't use the default view in Infoblox, we use one for "internal" and one for "external."  Does anyone know if I need to set this in vRA?  I don't know where to do that though.  It looks like you can add properties on the Infoblox integration but if that's the missing piece, what's the property name that I need?  This seems so different than the plugin for 7.6 which relied heavily on Orchestrator.  This one doesn't seem to use it at all.  Any tips would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

All the IPAM operations code can be found after downloading the zip package under bundle.zip -> <operation-name>.zip -> source.py. In case you need to adjust them for specific use case(s), you can extract the desired <operation-name>.zip package, modify the source.py file and zip it again. Note that the def handler(context, inputs): is the entry point of execution and its name and arguments should not be modified.

7089     0

@Dietrich wrote:

@dgrove12 wrote: upsers

Thanks!

All the IPAM operations code can be found after downloading the zip package under bundle.zip -> <operation-name>.zip -> source.py. In case you need to adjust them for specific use case(s), you can extract the desired <operation-name>.zip package, modify the source.py file and zip it again. Note that the def handler(context, inputs): is the entry point of execution and its name and arguments should not be modified.

But so I can't change the name and argument of the operation but I can change the source... but what to do after re-zip it don't work what are the possibility is there. 

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You