Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

Create networks via WAPI with existing VLAN

4698     0

Hello everybody!
I am currently in the process of automatically creating networks with Ansible via WAPI. I am having problems creating new networks with existing VLANs. I try to create the networks with templates.

My playbook:

- name: Management-Netz anlegen
      uri:
        url: "https://{{ nios_provider.host }}/wapi/{{ nios_provider.wapi_version }}/network"
        method: POST
        user: "{{ nios_provider.username }}"
        password: "{{ nios_provider.password }}"
        status_code: 201, 302, 200
        headers:
          Content-Type: "application/json"
        body:
          network: "func:nextavailablenetwork:{{ new_container_cidr }},default,24"
          vlans: [{"vlan":"vlan/ZG5zLnZsYW4kLmNvbS5pbmZvYmxveC5kbnMudmxhbl9yYW5nZSRkZWZhdWx0LjEuNDA5NC5WUE5fU3RhbmRvcnRlLjEwLjI1LjEw:default/VPN_Standorte/Management/10"}]
          template: "{{ mandant }}_Netz_Management"
          extattrs: 
            Bezeichnung: {"value": "{{ iso }} Management"}
            ISO_Nr: {"value": "{{ iso }}"}
        body_format: json
        validate_certs: no
        return_content: yes

It all works fine, but the VLAN is not linked. I don't get an error message, so the syntax should be correct.

Re: Create networks via WAPI with existing VLAN

Adviser
4699     0

Hi,

Can you try running the following curl command to ensure it is working?

curl -k -u admin:infoblox -H 'content-type: application/json' -X POST "https://grid-master/wapi/v2.11/network?_return_fields%2B=vlans&_return_as_object=1" -d '{"network_view":"default","network":"61.0.0.0/24","vlans": [{"vlan":"vlan/ZG5zLnZsYW4kLmNvbS5pbmZvYmxveC5kbnMudmxhbl92aWV3JHRlc3QuMTAuMjAuMTA:test/next-vlan/10" }]}'

Regards,

Krishna

4699     0

Hi Krishna,

The curl command works. The problem was that I couldn't add the VLAN in the same step when creating the network. I have now implemented a workaround in which I first create the network and then assign the VLAN in a second step. My playbook is now working as it should.

Regards,

Max

4699     0

I have the same issue. It works when I remove the network template part.

Then I'm able to create a network with the functions nextavailablenetwork and nextavailablevlan.

When I add a network template, the VLAN reservation is not made.

4699     0

Yeah, I guess that's why it doesn't work. You can't do both in one step. When working with a network template, you first have to create the network and then assign the VLAN.

4699     0

Hi guys,

I am new to Infoblox and just started our journey to use Ansible playbooks for bulk schema uploading into Infobox. So far, the provided modules are working well however I don't see any pre-built ansible module to do the VLAN-related activities i.e. Creating VLAN View, VLAN Ranges and assigning a VLAN with a Network.

I understand it can be done via the API call (using URI module). Hence my query, is there any guide I can follow to do the assignment of VLAN-Subnet via Ansible? If someone can kindly point me in the right direction, that will be very helpful. 

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You

Businesses are investing heavily into securing company resources from cyber-attacks form cybercrimin