Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

Request Grid Restart Status

3397     0

I'm trying to get the status of the grid to see if a restart is needed, and nothing is being returned.  Was wondering if there was a known bug? Or if I'm just not doing it right... I'm doing this in Powershell, grid is at 8.4.4-38683.

$URI = "https://infoblox.gsiccorp.net/wapi/v2.10.3/$($GridRef)?_function=requestrestartservicestatus"
$BODY = @{
"service_option" = "ALL"
}
$TheJSONData = ConvertTo-Json $BODY
$SVCstatus = Invoke-RestMethod -Uri $URI -Method Get -Body $TheJSONData -Credential $TheCredentials -ContentType 'application/json'

$SVCstatus returns nothing.  I think I should get back an object: restartservicestatus : Restart service status object

I have a function that actually restarts the services, which works great.  After making a change, I just set a variable to $true and look for that... but was actually looking to do a check in case someone made a change from the UI itself rather than my automated processes.

Thanks!

Re: Request Grid Restart Status

3397     0

I'm not strong with powershell, and your example didn't come through well.  If you could, please post code examples in a code block, it keeps original formatting instead of doing emoticon conversions and all that.

You can ask for the restart status with this url:

https://infoblox.gsiccorp.net/wapi/v2.10.3/restartservicestatus

Re: Request Grid Restart Status

Techie
3398     0

Hi fishvict,

Even I am trying to restart Infoblox using Powershell but its giving an error [The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.]

Can you please guide me with the function to restart the infoblox services.

Regards,

Siddhant

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You