Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

Update DHCP Member Association

Adviser
2726     0

How can I update/modify the Member Association of a network and its respective ranges?  I need to update a number of DHCP networks and their ranges.  Specifically, I need to change the member association to either Reserved Range or a specific Failover Assocation.  I've accomplished creating a DHCP Range with the specified DHCP Member, Failover Association, or Reserved Range settings as shown below:

curl -k1 -u admin:infoblox -H "Content-Type:application/json" -X POST ipam.example.com/wapi/v2.10.5/range -d 
		{
			"end_addr": "10.10.10.100",
			"member": null,
			"network": "10.10.10.0/24",
			"network_view": "Miami",
			"start_addr": "10.10.10.50",
			"disable": true
}

But, how can I change only the Member association?  Thanks!

Re: Update DHCP Member Association

[ Edited ]
2726     0

This change will require multiple API calls.  The member or members must be assigned to the network first, in order to update the range to a new member or failover association.

1) get existing members assigned to a network

2) update members assigned to the network: set to existing members + new members

3) update range with new member or FOA

4) update members assigned to the network: set to just new members

5) restart services

Adviser
2726     0

Thanks for providing some direction!  I'll give this a shot and will update with successes...or failures (hopefully the former!)

2726     0

Hi @MRichard,

Do you have REST API call examples of what #2-4 would look like, please?

Thanks and regards,

Harriet

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You