Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

WAPI Body Request to obtain all lease data for a network when you only have the FQDN

1045     0

I'm trying to retrieve all lease data for a pool of information.  I only have a FQDN, i.e. device.sitenum.domain.com.  I'm trying to daisy chain the following requests to get where I need to go:

1. Get host_record by FQDN to obtian IPv4Addr

2. Use IPv4Add4 to obtain network

3. Use network to obtain lease data.

So far, I can use FQDN to obtain IPV4addr, but storing it with STATE:ASSIGN gives me back an ipv4addr object like this, which I cannot extract the IP address from, to ask for the ipv4addr object, which would give me the network I want lease from:

[
    {
        "host_name""hostname.sitenumber.domain.com",
        "myREF": [
            {
                "_ref""record:host_ipv4addr/ZG5zLasfasfdasdfasfdafdafdsda:1.2.3.4/hostname.sitenumber.domain.com/default",
                "configure_for_dhcp"false,
                "host""hotsname.sitenumber.domain.com",
                "ipv4addr""10.220.101.250"
            }
        ]
    }
]

My assign which gave me all that was:

"assign_state" : {
            "myREF" : "ipv4addrs"
        },

However, that does not give me the individual ipv4address so I can get it's network, so I can use that to pull leases to review state.....

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to go from a hostname to getting all lease in that hostname's subnet, all via 1 WAPI Body Request?

thank you for any ideas, answers
David
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You