Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

API Examples

Correct usage / syntax on "allow_update" field

2569     0

Hi Infoblox Experts!

I'm adding authoritative reverse zones using Powershell, using the below:

$data = '{"fqdn": "'+$Name+'","zone_format": "IPV4","view":"Internal","ns_group":"Internal","use_allow_update":true}'

Invoke-RestMethod -Uri $URL -Method Post -Credential $Creds -Body $data -ContentType "application/json"

The above works fine, however, when I want to use the "allow_update": field to appoint a named ACL, I can't find the right syntax to do that, always get 400 error.

Few examples I've tried but all fail e.g.:

$data = '{"fqdn": "'+$Name+'","zone_format":

"IPV4","view":"Internal","ns_group":"Internal","use_allow_update":true,"allow_update":[{"namedacl":"TEST DDNS Updaters"}/"Allow"]}'

$data = '{"fqdn": "'+$Name+'","zone_format": "IPV4","view":"Internal","ns_group":"Internal","use_allow_update":true,"allow_update":[{"namedacl":"TEST DDNS Updaters"}]}'

$data = '{"fqdn": "'+$Name+'","zone_format": "IPV4","view":"Internal","ns_group":"Internal","use_allow_update":true,"allow_update":[{"namedacl":"TEST DDNS Updaters/Allow"}]}'

$data = '{"fqdn": "'+$Name+'","zone_format": "IPV4","view":"Internal","ns_group":"Internal","use_allow_update":true,"allow_update":"TEST DDNS Updaters"}'

Could you give an example of how the "allow_update" should look like, preferably even a PS example please?

Thank you!

Re: Correct usage / syntax on "allow_update" field

Superuser
2570     0

You need to supply a reference to the Named ACL, which means you need to run a GET first. For my example, the object reference for the Named ACL is 

namedacl/b25lLmRlZmluZWRfYWNsJDAuSW50ZXJuYWwgSG9zdHM:Internal%20Hosts

POST /wapi/v2.10/zone_auth
 Content-Type: application/json

{
      "fqdn":"test.org",
      "allow_update":[
          {
             "_ref":"namedacl/b25lLmRlZmluZWRfYWNsJDAuSW50ZXJuYWwgSG9zdHM:Internal%20Hosts"
          }
      ]
    }
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You