Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

API Examples

GET request for retrieving A records within a network range

175     0

Hello, I am looking for an API call that will return all of the A records and Host records within a network range. The goal is to retrieve all of the records within a Network. For example, if we already have the 10.10.10.0/24 network built in Infoblox, and we have 100 records within that network, I am looking to use a GET to retrieve all of those records. I am unable to find a request that would perform this within the wapidoc

Thank you 

Re: GET request for retrieving A records within a network range

175     0

Generally A & HOST records are owned by the zone they belong to, not the network.  But you can take the IPAM approach, and search for any USED IP addresses, which will return any objects assocated with those IP addresses. 

This request:

curl -k -u admin:infoblox -H "Content-Type: application/json" \
-X POST 'https://192.168.1.2/wapi/v2.12/request' -d \
'[{
    "method":"GET",
    "object":"ipv4address",
    "data": {
      "network": "192.168.9.0/24",
      "network_view": "default",
      "status": "USED"
    }
}]'

Will return lots of IP address entries, including any associated DNS records:

{
		"_ref": "ipv4address/Li5pcHY0X2FkZHJlc3MkMTkyLjE2OC45LjIxNi8w:192.168.9.216",
		"ip_address": "192.168.9.216",
		"is_conflict": true,
		"mac_address": "",
		"names": [
			"printer.example.org"
		],
		"network": "192.168.9.0/24",
		"network_view": "default",
		"objects": [
			"record:a/ZG5zLmJpbmRfYSQuX2RlZmF1bHQubmV0d29yay5yaWNoYXJkLHJwdCwxOTIuMTY4LjkuMjE2:printer.example.org/Internal%20DNS",
			"record:ptr/ZG5zLmJpbmRfcHRyJC5fZGVmYXVsdC5hcnBhLmluLWFkZHIuMTkyLjE2OC45LjIxNi5ycHQucmljaGFyZC5uZXR3b3Jr:216.9.168.192.in-addr.arpa/Internal%20DNS"
		],
		"status": "USED",
		"types": [
			"A",
			"PTR"
		],
		"usage": [
			"DNS"
		]
	}
Showing results for 
Search instead for