Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

API Examples

Getting the comment field from a IP record

2628     0

I am looking for informaiton on how to retrieve with WAPI the commend field for a IP address .. The following example returns all the fields I am looking for with the exception of that comment field.. 

/wapi/v2.11/ipv4address?ip_address=1.1.1.1

I tried looking at the PTR recod and dont' see it in there either .. 

/wapi/v2.11/recordSmiley Tonguetr?ipv4addr=1.1.1.1

Thank you in advance.. 

Re: Getting the comment field from a IP record

2629     0

An IP address is not a record, and a comment cannot be added to an IP address.

Comments can be added to Host Records, DNS records,  DHCP fixed addresses, and Reservations that are associated with the IP address.

When searching using the  ipv4address search object, the reference for associated objects will be returned.  Those individual objects then need to be queried, to return the comment field for each.

[ Edited ]
2629     0

Based on the given information, it seems that the comment field for an IP address is not returned by default when using the WAPI to retrieve information about an IPv4 address. However, it is possible to include the comment field in the response by using the _return_fields parameter in the API call. us payserv

To retrieve the comment field for an IP address using the WAPI, you can modify the API call to include the _return_fields parameter with the value "comment". Here is an example API call that retrieves the IPv4 address information for the IP address 1.1.1.1 and includes the comment field in the response:

```
/wapi/v2.11/ipv4address?ip_address=1.1.1.1&_return_fields=comment
```

This API call should return the comment field for the IPv4 address, if it exists. If the comment field is not set for the IP address, the API call will return an empty value for the comment field.

It is also worth noting that the comment field may not be available for all IP addresses, depending on how the IP address was configured and managed in the Infoblox system. If the comment field is not available for a particular IP address, the API call will return an empty value for the comment field.

In summary, to retrieve the comment field for an IP address using the WAPI, you can modify the API call to include the _return_fields parameter with the value "comment". However, the comment field may not be available for all IP addresses, depending on how the IP address was configured and managed in the Infoblox system.

[ Edited ]
2629     0

That worked, I was using v2.7 (even though I put v2.11 in my post) when I replaced it with v2.11 it worked .. thank you!

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You