Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

/allrecords endpoint search subset of types

1685     0

Hi,

I would like to use the wapi to retrieve a subset of records through the /allrecords endpoint by making use of the type parameter and selecting a few record type, does anyone know if that is possible? What I would like to do is for example; set the parameter type to contain the types 'record:a,record:cname,record:txt' so I only get those records in my result.

Thanks in advance!

Re: /allrecords endpoint search subset of types

Adviser
1685     0

Hi,

You can acheive this using the /request object which supports collating multiple API calls into one WAPI like below.

curl -k -u admin:Infoblox -H 'content-type:application/json' -X POST "https://127.0.0.1/wapi/v2.10/request" -d '[{"method":"GET","object":"record:a","data":{},"args":{}},{"method": "GET","object": "record:cname","data": {},"args": {}},{"method": "GET","object": "record:txt","data": {},"args": {}}]'

This returns a list of A/CNAME/TXT records like below:

[
    [
        {
            "_ref": "record:a/ZG5zLmJpbmRfYSQuX2RlZmF1bHQuY29tLmxhYi1zZXR1cCxncmlkLW1hc3RlciwxNzIuMjYuMS4y:grid-master.lab-setup.com/default",
            "ipv4addr": "172.26.1.2",
            "name": "grid-master.lab-setup.com",
            "view": "default"
        },
        {
            "_ref": "record:a/ZG5zLmJpbmRfYSQuX2RlZmF1bHQuY29tLmRlbW8sYSwxOTIuMTY4LjExLjI:a.demo.com/default",
            "ipv4addr": "192.168.11.2",
            "name": "a.demo.com",
        },
        {
            "_ref": "record:a/ZG5zLmJpbmRfYSQuMS5jb20uZGVtbyxhLDE5Mi4xNjguMTEuMg:a.demo.com/ansible-test",
            "name": "a.demo.com",
            "view": "ansible-test"
        },
        {
            "_ref": "record:a/ZG5zLmJpbmRfYSQuMS5jb20uZGVtbyxhYiwxOTIuMTY4LjExLjI:ab.demo.com/ansible-test",
            "name": "ab.demo.com",
            "view": "ansible-test"
        }
    ],
    [
        {
            "_ref": "record:cname/ZG5zLmJpbmRfY25hbWUkLl9kZWZhdWx0LmNvbS5kZW1vLnd3dw:www.demo.com/default",
            "canonical": "demo.com",
            "name": "www.demo.com",
        }
    ],
    [
        {
            "_ref": "record:txt/ZG5zLmJpbmRfdHh0JC5fZGVmYXVsdC5jb20uYWJjLnRlc3QtdGV4dC4iVGhpcyIgImlzIiAiYSIgInRlc3Qi:test-text.abc.com/default",
            "name": "test-text.abc.com",
            "text": "This is a test",
        }
    ]
]

Thanks and Regards,

Krishna Vasudevan

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You