Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

API: Search for objects within arbitrary IP address range

1249     0

With InfoBlox WAPI, is there a way of searching for objects (networks, fixed addresses, etc.) with IP addresses that fall into an arbitrary IP address range such as 10.1.2.3-10.4.5.6.

A couple of assumptions:

The network range is specified by an end-user at run time, which makes searching by regular expression difficult because the regex would have to be constructed by the script at run-time.

The objects do not share a common parent such as a network or network container.

Re: API: Search for objects within arbitrary IP address range

Superuser
1250     0

Hi logicloop

As per my knowledge, I don't think it is possible to do a range search within multiple containers but we can do an IP range search for objects that share a common parent.

Regards.

Shukran

Shukran

Re: API: Search for objects within arbitrary IP address range

1250     0

I know, but that doesn't help because, again, one of the assumptions is the objects do NOT share a common parent.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You