Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

Domain zone exists in 2 different "DNS Views" – How to specify one in new host API request?

[ Edited ]
1002     0

My question pretty well says it. I have a domain like "test.mycompany.com" in a DNS view called "test-ext" and a DNS view called "internal". So if I want to add a host record it defaults to my internal DNS view. I've experimented with different API calls and I cannot figure out if I can direct the new host to internal/test.mycompany.com or test-ext/test.mycompany.com. So at the moment no matter what I give it it goes to the internal view domain zone. Is there absolutely no way to direct a new host to my test-ext domain zone of the same name?

Re: Domain zone exists in 2 different "DNS Views" – How to specify one in new host API req

1002     0

When you create the host record, just tell it which DNS view to use, with the "view" field.

If you don't tell it which view, it will automatically use the default view.

For example:

curl -k1 -u admin:infoblox -X POST 'https://192.168.1.2/wapi/v2.11/record:host' -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d \
'{
	"name": "newhost.example.org",
	"view": "Internal DNS",
	"ipv4addrs":[
		{
			"configure_for_dhcp": false,
			"ipv4addr": "10.101.16.209"
		}
	]
}'

Re: Domain zone exists in 2 different "DNS Views" – How to specify one in new host API req

1002     0

Works as hoped! Thanks for your solution. This needs to be documented better in the WAPI documentation.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You