Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

Find MAC address

Techie
4469     0

We use DHCP filters for defining MAC address pools. However, when I do a global search for a given MAC in the UI or via the API, I cannot find a HW address in a given DHCP filter.  I can search for a given DHCP filter and enumerate all of the MAC addresses in it, but that is not what I need.

How can I find a specific MAC address in a DHCP filter via the API?  TIA for any suggestions.

Re: Find MAC address

4470     0

Take a look at "macfilteraddress". The MAC addresses within a filter are stored in a the macfilteraddress object. 

For example:

GET 'https://192.168.1.2/wapi/v2.10/macfilteraddress?mac=00:01:5a:73:74:75&_return_fields%2b=filter'

returns

[
    {
        "_ref": "macfilteraddress/ZG5zLmNsdXN0ZXJfbWFjX2ZpbHRlcnNldF9pdGVtJFdpRmktRmlsdGVyQDAwOjAxOjVhOjczOjc0Ojc1:00%3A01%3A5a%3A73%3A74%3A75/WiFi-Filter",
        "expiration_time": 1590546592,
        "filter": "WiFi-Filter",
        "is_registered_user": false,
        "mac": "00:01:5a:73:74:75",
        "never_expires": true
    }
]

Techie
4470     0

How can I find all MAC addresses via macaddressfilter search? Can find them all for a given pool with:

macfilteraddress?filter='Generic MAC address pool'

Do I have to iterate through all of the DHCP filters or is there a way to query all MAC addrs associated w/filters?

TIA for your assistance.

4470     0

You can search without a filter to return all MAC Addresses used in MAC Addres Filters:

GET 'https://192.168.1.2/wapi/v2.10/macfilteraddress'

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You