Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

How to get a list of network containers that are not inside of another network container?

961     0

Hello,

I am trying to use the API to get a list of all network containers that are not inside of another network container. I can see that these containers can be identified by the fact that the "network_container" attribute has a "/" as a value. Making it clear that the container does not have a parent container.

Example:

[{
"_ref": "networkcontainer/<id>",
"comment": "Parent container",
"network": "192.168.0.0/16",
"network_container": "/",   <- No network here, so this container is not inside another one.
"network_view": "default"
},

{
"_ref": "networkcontainer/<id>",
"comment": "Child container",
"network": "192.168.1.0/20",
"network_container": "192.168.0.0/16",
"network_view": "default"
}]

Example of the query I used (highlighted the important part):

https://<infoblox_instance>/wapi/<version>/networkcontainer?network_container=/&_return_fields+=network_container

I would expect this call to return a list of all network container objects that are not inside of another container. But using this "/" as a search query results in an error. It seems like the field only accepts values shaped as CIDR notated networks.

Does anyone know how I can create a query that returns only the network containers that are not inside of another network container?

/Re: How to get a list of network containers that are not inside of another network container?

Superuser
961     0

I am not sure if this works, but it's worth a shot. (If I have time today, I will see if I can try it on my end too).

But instead of using /, try using the URL Encoded value for /, which is: %2F

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You