Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

infoblox-client exceptions or errors?

885     0

I am very new to working with Python and APIs in general. I am trying to automate the creation of new host records in Infoblox by getting the next availble IP from a specified subnet. I came across the infoblox-client libarary and it looked promising.

I am able to create host records in my script using a combination of the following:

objects.IPAllocation.next_available_ip_from_cidr
objects.IP.create
objects.HostRecord.create

Unfortunately when there are no more availble IPs in the subnet that the user specifies, my script fails. I am trying to capture the exception or error that is returned by the Infoblox server, so I can show the text of why it failed in that case.

I am having hard time understanding how to use the exception classes. Does anyone have an example they can share with a novice?

Thanks all. The forum is a great resource. Hopefully I can contribute in the future.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You