Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

Integration / Template for Infoblox WAPI

1028     0

Hello,

I`m searching for a possiblitity to automate tasks like creating a second dns record based on a first one. For example, if I create a host record, I want to create an additional txt record that contains the comment in the host record. 

This could be easily done by the outbound api, but in this case it would require a template for the infoblox own wapi. Is there maybe already a working integration and template for a Infoblox <-> Infoblox ? 

Thanks!

Patrick

Re: Integration / Template for Infoblox WAPI

1029     0

Hello Patrick,

There isn't anything today, however instead on inserting the third party information you would simply replace it with the Infoblox appliance that would be handing the API requests (in this case the grid master).

login for the WAPI and third party API would be the same and just make sure that the Grid Master/ GM candidate can reach the appliance you are sending the API querys.

Thank you,
Kevin Zettel

Re: Integration / Template for Infoblox WAPI

1029     0

Hello Kevin,

meanwhile I found a solution in using a existing Checkpoint integration. There I added some more WAPI Calls at the end to extend the functions and use this template now to create the default objekts at checkpoint and additional objects at infoblox.

In the first tests this worked fine for us. Maybe we will split this into a completly seperated template/integration in the future, but for now it is ok.

Many Thanks

Patrick

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You