Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

Powershell: Add Host with MAC and enabled DNS

[ Edited ]
2016     0

Hello everyone,

I have been working on this problem for several days now and have not yet found a solution. I have looked at all the modules I know of and unfortunately I just can't get any further. I would therefore be extremely grateful for help. Here is my situation:

I create a VM using a PowerShell script. I then want to assign it an IP using its MAC address. This works so far, but I need DHCP and DNS to be active in our company. When I create the HostRecord, DHCP is already activated. However, DNS is missing.

The final configuration should look like this:

infoblox.png

I don't know how to activate DNS and also pass the corresponding zone. I am including my previous script. I would really be infinitely grateful if anyone has a solution for this. Thank you very much!

Code:

$pwd = ConvertTo-SecureString "PW" -AsPlainText -Force
$Credential = New-Object Management.Automation.PSCredential ('ID', $pwd)
$GridServer = "SERVER" 
$network = "REF"
$IPv4Address = Get-IBNextAvailableIP -GridServer $grid -Credential $cred -NetworkRef $network
$HostName = "NAME"
$Comment = "COMMENT"

$apiVersion = "2.10.5"
$uri = "https://$grid/wapi/v$apiVersion/record:host"
$dns = $true

$data = @{

ipv4addrs = @(
        @{        
            ipv4addr = $IPv4Address
            mac = "00:50:56:88:89:35"
            }
        )
    name = $HostName
    comment = $Comment.Trim()
    configure_for_dns = $dns

}
$json = $data | ConvertTo-Json

Invoke-RestMethod -Uri $uri -Method Post -Body $json -ContentType 'application/json' -Credential $Credential

Re: Powershell: Add Host with MAC and enabled DNS

Superuser
2017     0

The value of "name" needs to be an FQDN, in an existing zone to configure the host record for DNS. For example, if you want a DNS record in the zone mycompany.com, pass a value of name.mycompany.com.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You