Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

ServiceNow/Infoblox Activity Pack PUT Error Meaning?

[ Edited ]
1156     1

We are trying to extend the Infoblox Activity Pack for additional operations that create, modify, and delete records (with the ServiceNow Rome release and WAPI 2.11.3).  Creation and deletion work very nicely for record objects such as host records.  Where we are having a problem is with modifying records such as A records.  What happens when we try this is that we receive the error "AdmConProtoError: PUT requires indata, none given".  There is very little on this error in the Community Site, and no compilation of the different WAPI errors and what they mean in the documentation (at least what I've found).  Can anyone provide insight into what this error means and what might be wrong here?

Re: ServiceNow/Infoblox Activity Pack PUT Error Meaning?

1156     1

Hello,

I would need to see the Body that was sent in order to tell you the error, however it seems to be missing the body or some other information in the put request.

hope this helps, let me know if you can provide the full request so we can see if anything is missing.

inside servicenow there should be a debug log for you to see what is being sent.

Thank you,

Kevin Zettel

Re: ServiceNow/Infoblox Activity Pack PUT Error Meaning?

[ Edited ]
1157     1

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your reply and offer.  It turns out that there was a minor error in the JSON I built and, once fixed, everything works.  This is what you suspected.

Steve

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You