Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

vRA 7.6 Infoblox Integration - Modify Host Record for Additional NIC's

1480     0

I have a situation where I have a vRA VM with 3 NIC's attached.  The hostname is supplied during the request of a VM.  Network0 is doing exactly as expected.  My customer would like to create the Network1 record in a different naming standard than the default that appends "-1" to the name in Infoblox.  We would rather have a prefix of "mz" to the host record.  Is there a property that can be used to override the naming for additional NIC's to a server?

example: Servername is myserver01.domain.com.  Rather than myserver01-1.domain.com we want mzmyserver01.domain.com

Re: vRA 7.6 Infoblox Integration - Modify Host Record for Additional NIC's

[ Edited ]
1480     0

I came across this is well when using VRA 8.4 and found the solution by using and setting the "Infoblox.IPAM.Network.hostnameNicSuffix" for the particular NIC in my project design.

See for details: https://docs.vmware.com/en/vRealize-Automation/8.4/Using-and-Managing-Cloud-Assembly/GUID-6BF1F830-F...

I am not sure whether this also works on your software versions.

VRA plugin v1.3 is required to get access to that property "Infoblox.IPAM.Network.hostnameNicSuffix".

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You