Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

wapi servicerestart error

3190     0

I am using wapi v2.3.1
I am having trouble sending this service restert if neede command

I am using python 3.5 and requests module

Please help

>>> rt=requests.post(url + 'grid/b25lLmNsdXN0ZXIkMASmiley Tongueicocelldhcp?_function=servicerestart',data={'mode':'GROUPED','services':'ALL','restart_option':'RESTART_IF_NEEDED'},auth=(id,password), verify=False)
>>> rt.text
'{ "Error": "AdmConProtoError: When sending FORM arguments no URI arguments can be set (FORM arguments: {\'services\': [\'ALL\'], \'restart_option\': [\'RESTART_IF_NEEDED\'], \'mode\': [\'GROUPED\']} URI arguments: {\'_function\': [\'servicerestart\']}), please pass all the arguments as FORM arguments.", \n "code": "Client.Ibap.Proto", \n "text": "When sending FORM arguments no URI arguments can be set (FORM arguments: {\'services\': [\'ALL\'], \'restart_option\': [\'RESTART_IF_NEEDED\'], \'mode\': [\'GROUPED\']} URI arguments: {\'_function\': [\'servicerestart\']}), please pass all the arguments as FORM arguments."\n}'

Re: wapi servicerestart error

Adviser
3190     0

Hi,

Could you please add the Content-Type headers and try your call again.

Here is a sample code that you can use. I've highlighted the text you need to add to your code.

import requests
requests.packages.urllib3.disable_warnings()  # Disable SSL warnings in requests #
url = "https://127.0.0.1/wapi/v2.10/grid/b25lLmNsdXN0ZXIkMA:picocelldhcp?_function=servicerestart"
payload = "{\"mode\":\"GROUPED\",\"services\":\"ALL\",\"restart_option\":\"RESTART_IF_NEEDED\"}"
headers = {'content-type': "application/json"}
response = requests.request("POST", url, auth=('admin', 'Infoblox'), data=payload, headers=headers, verify=False)
print(response.text)

Hope this works,

Krishna Vasudevan

Re: wapi servicerestart error

3190     0

Thank you Krishna

>>> print(response.text)

Version 2.10 not supported
>>>

So I tried with V2.3.1

'https://127.0.0.1/wapi/v2.3.1/grid/b25lLmNsdXN0ZXIkMASmiley Tongueicocelldhcp?_function=restartservices'

payload = "{\"mode\":\"GROUPED\",\"services\":\"ALL\",\"restart_option\":\"RESTART_IF_NEEDED\"}"

headers = {'content-type': "application/json"}

response = requests.request("POST", url, auth=('admin','infoblox'), data=payload, headers=headers, verify=False)

got this error

>>> print(response.text)
{ "Error": "AdmConProtoError: List value expected for field: services",
"code": "Client.Ibap.Proto",
"text": "List value expected for field: services"
}

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You