Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

Automation Scripts

Python requests SSL error in NetMRI appliance but not in NetMRI sandbox environment

Techie
1736     0

What python/OS environment differences are there between running a python script in the NetMRI appliance sandbox environment vs in the native NetMRI appliance "job management" scriping?

I can run an REST GET to an external server from the NetMRI sandbox login using python3 <my script> but when I run the same python script in the NetMRI appliance native "Job Management" environment, I get the SSL error below.

File "/usr/lib/python3.4/site-packages/requests/adapters.py", line 370, in send 
     timeout=timeout 
   File "/usr/lib/python3.4/site-packages/requests/packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 574, in urlopen 
     raise SSLError(e) 
 requests.packages.urllib3.exceptions.SSLError: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:600) 

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred: 

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You