Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

Cloud

A /27 range of IP Addresses inside my /24 Subnet in Azure vNet isn't working

5324     0

If I assign 10.1.2.95 to a VM... It works without issue, but if I try using .96 thru .127 (aka 10.1.2.96/27 CIDR) then I can no longer access the VM directly (only via a jump box on the same subnet as the VM) and the VM cannot reach anything outside the subnet (including DNS servers, or other VMs in peered vNets).

Has anyone seen this happen in Azure before? I checked all the NSG/UDR settings I could find, and already filled a support ticket, but this is driving me crazy!

Re: A /27 range of IP Addresses inside my /24 Subnet in Azure vNet isn't working

[ Edited ]
5324     0

@Haguromo wrote:

If I assign 10.1.2.95 to a VM... It works without issue, but if I try using .96 thru .127 (aka 10.1.2.96/27 CIDR) then I can no longer access the VM directly (only via a jump box on the same subnet as the VM) and the VM cannot reach anything outside the subnet (including DNS servers, or other VMs in peered vNets).

Has anyone seen this happen in Azure before? I checked all the NSG/UDR settings I could find, and already filled a support ticket, but this is driving me crazy!

Hello,

If you are experiencing issues with connectivity when using the IP range 10.1.2.96/27 in Azure, it's possible that there is a configuration or routing issue causing the problem. While it's difficult to provide a specific solution without detailed information about your Azure environment, I can suggest some general troubleshooting steps:

1. Double-check Network Security Group (NSG) rules: Ensure that the NSG associated with your subnet or network interface allows the necessary inbound and outbound traffic. Verify that the rules are correctly configured to allow the desired communication.

2. Check User-Defined Routes (UDR): Review any UDRs that might be in place for the subnet or network interface and confirm that they are not causing unintended routing restrictions. Incorrectly configured UDRs can disrupt connectivity.

3. Verify peering settings: If you have virtual network peering configured, confirm that the peering connections are properly established and that the necessary routes are configured between the peered virtual networks.

4. DNS settings: Ensure that the VMs have the correct DNS server settings configured, either through the Azure DNS resolver or custom DNS settings. Incorrect DNS settings can prevent the VM from resolving external addresses.
5. Review subnet delegation and service endpoints: If you have configured subnet delegation or service endpoints, make sure that they are correctly set up and not causing any conflicts or restrictions.

6. Validate IP address availability: Check if there are any conflicting IP assignments or address overlaps in your Azure environment that could be causing conflicts with the IP range you are trying to use.

7. Engage Azure support: It's great that you have already opened a support ticket. Microsoft Azure support can assist you in troubleshooting the issue further and provide guidance specific to your environment.

Remember to provide detailed information about your Azure configuration, network setup, and any error messages or symptoms you are experiencing when working with Azure support. They will be able to assist you in resolving the connectivity issues you are facing.

Best regard,
N1Poole paybyplatema

Re: A /27 range of IP Addresses inside my /24 Subnet in Azure vNet isn't working

5325     0

This has some good knowledge. Thanks for sharing it.

LiteBlue

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You