It may be April 1, but this is no joke! Big Changes Coming to the Community
Today is notable for many reasons. In prior years, like many, I reserve April 1st as a day where anything can and will happen.... and most of it is a practical joke. This April first, we've decided to announce significant changes to the community site that are not a 'practical joke.'
It's time to update the site! And this is also a time we want to hear from you, and understand what you need to be successful using your Infoblox solution. Many of you have been kind enough to send suggestions and recommendations, and we're going to ensure we fix 'that which needs fixing," and "build what needs building."
Right now we're laying the groundwork for:
- Better Search and Integration - we're bringing back "solutions" so you can easily search and find threads that have been solved! Search capabilities will also receive a much needed facelift!
- Content & Discoverability - Many of you have asked for a better organization of the content, and we're working hard to update the "how and where" you find things!
- Interface - the most noticable change will be the look and feel of the site - we'll be updating the interface. I'll post screenshots as we get closer, and would certainly appreciate feedback!
- Features - We're making some major enhancements to the features of the site. More to come on this, but please let us know what you need so we can incorporate your requests into the plan!
- Connections - Later in the year, we'll be working to provide a single-sign on option, so your community and support portal login credentials will work site-wide.
- Ease of Use & Access - we want to make sure you can access everything on the site, without having to wait for additional permissions. We're cleaning up the infrastructure so you can acccess the entire site after creating an account, and verifying your info (if you already have an account, you won't need to recreate anything).
This is a great time to be involved in the community! Tell us what you want! More videos? More Viso files or scripts? More blogs or content on a particular topic? Let us know so we can plan and make it happen. I'll be updating this blog + a new entry each week as we get closer to rolling out the new site.