Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

Network Automation and Compliance (NetMRI)

NetMRI 7.6.0 has no in-place upgrade?

1194     0

The release notes for NetMRI 7.6.0 say that it cannot upgrade a 7.5.x system.  Instead one must perform a new installation and then restore the DB from 7.5.x.  Could someone please explain what change has has caused that?  IIRC, in past major updates, when the DB schema changed, the tables were converted in the background.

Is anyone running 7.6.0?  I'm leaning towards waiting until 7.6.1.  Also, I'd prefer to install on a new VM, but a temp license would only cover a small number of devices.

Re: NetMRI 7.6.0 has no in-place upgrade?

1195     0

The underlying OS was changed from Fedora to Ubuntu, and that's why a direct upgrade to this version is unfortunately not possible.

Expert
1195     0

Thanks, Mohammed!

Expert
1195     0

Hey Marty - Have you done one of these upgrades to 7.6.0?  If you have does everything actually restore from backups?  Like groups, permissions, users, etc.  I suspect that certs and extended volumes will not.

I've also asked in a case, if there is any specific documentation on step-by-step how to do this migration.  I do not have an answer back yet.

Thanks,

Lon.

Expert
1195     0

Hi Lon,

Glad to see you're still fully engaged.

After learning the following, I decided to hold off on 7.6.0.  I'm surprised we haven't seen a .1 update yet.  I'm not expecting application level issues, including what's in the DB.  But who knows what OS-level surprises turn up.

On the D!$cord channel, I wrote:
During a TAC session
, I learned why NetMRI 7.6.0 can't be applied to a 7.5.x instance: "The underlying OS was changed from Fedora to Ubuntu, and that's why a direct upgrade to this version is unfortunately not possible." That's a BIG change. Maybe it will stabilize by 7.6.2?

Seems like we're overdue for a blog or at least a KB from product management.

Expert
1195     0

Anyone willing to share details about their upgrade experience to 7.6.0?  Any additional tweeks that needed to be made other than restoring the backup to the new VM?  Or share step-by-step what was done to migrate?

Thank you in advance,

Lon.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You