Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

Network Automation and Compliance (NetMRI)

[NETMRI - config collection] auto-collection doesn't work after device replacement

3679     1

Hi,

we have this issue, when we replace a device (like recently, we replaced a lot of aging HP Procurve 5300 series with Cisco 3650 series switches), NETMRI doesn't begin to collect the new device config and instead keep the old model configs.

For example I've a Cisco 3650 that has been clearly recognized (IOS version, etc etc) but doesn't get its config collected.

From what I see, the only way to force NETMRI recollecting the config from the device is forcing a device discovery.

Even the button "Get config" in the device config collection tab, doesn't seem to sort any effect.

Have you ever met this issue?

Thanks

Re: [NETMRI - config collection] auto-collection doesn't work after device replacement

Techie
3679     1

NetMRI at the moment does not detect change of device so data collected from old device model may affect collection for new one. Could you please delete one device and rediscover it? Will you still experience mentioned issue?

Re: [NETMRI - config collection] auto-collection doesn't work after device replacement

3679     1

I found  that if I just do "Discover" on the device, I can have the config history back again.

No need to delete anything.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You