12-03-2018 08:21 AM
I have recently upgraded to 7.3.1 and added the new API version 220.127.116.11 to the Windows server.
I had a test script that worked in previous versions (although I cant remember the last time I tried them).
However, when I run the Perl script, it responds with
HTTP 500 SSL negotiation Failed: https://<IPaddress>/api/base_uri.json?version=2.0.0 at Practice_API_Calls.pl line 126.
Line 126 refers to;
my $netmri = new NetMRI::API( api_version=>'auto', username=>'user', password=>'password', url=>'IPaddress');
This is an area I dont have much experience with so any suggestions would be helpful.
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-03-2018 08:47 AM - edited 12-03-2018 09:28 AM
12-03-2018 09:26 AM
We did learn that 7.3.1 dropped support for a couple really old ciphers, but Windows 2008 shouldn't have that limitation. Perhaps it's due to this advisory in the 7.3.1 release notes:
"If using external authentication over SSL, ensure it supports TLS 1.2. prior to upgrading NetMRI."
12-04-2018 07:10 AM
Thanks for the prompt. Pointed me in the right direction - realised that there were 2 different versions of Perl. Pointed the scripts and IIS handler mapping to the newer (Strawberry Perl) and this fixed the issue.
Currently the version of OpenSSL is 1.0.2h - at least thats the one in the Windows environment. Not sure if this is impacting the API calls - seems to pull the data correctly now.