Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

Network Change & Configuration Management

Introducing latency/jitter between 2 physical networks for testing

1739     0

I’m the AV director for a large organization and we will be expanding to another in town location soon. We will purchase a 1gbps point to point link between our campuses from our ISP to stream live, multi channel audio via Dante and video via mpeg2 network encoders. I need to do all of my homework now as we’ll be moving fast when the time comes to install.

With that, I need to simulate our point to point network for testing by intentionally adding 10ms of latency and 2ms of jitter between 2 physical local networks to see how it affects everything or if it introduces something unexpected.

I have access to a Cisco 4948 and and Extreme Summit x440-48p, as well as a computer with dual nics that can run whatever OS necessary. My guess is the solution is to use the tc command that ships with iproute on a bridged nic passthrough, but that’s where things start to get a little blurry in my mind.

Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks in advance!

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You