Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Alias record not responding to query

1986     0

I created an ALIAS record at a zone root, and configured the record type as "A Alias". The target is an AWS FQDN. The format looks correct, but queries of that zone root time out and do not return an answer. Any ideas?

Re: Alias record not responding to query

1987     0

Hi,

Did you resolved this ? I have configured one for Azure but it is also not working 

1987     0

A DNS server with ALIAS records has to perform outbound DNS queries to resolve the target for the ALIAS record, if that target is outside the grid.  Can you make sure your DNS server is able to reach out to the internet to perform dns queries?

Authority
1987     0

You need to make sure that the DNS Resolver on the member is configured properly so it can resolve the target name to synthesize the response.  The version of NIOS you are on may also come into play.  If the target name doesn't resolve directly to an A record (i.e., there is an intervening CNAME), then you must be on NIOS 8.6.x or higher for it to work.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You