Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

can not start dhcp service or edit member dhcp properties

2899     0

My one and only one grid master is showing up in grid -> grid manager -> dhcp -> services. However, when I click on "edit" or go to edit -> member dhcp properties, an error message pops up and  says "Either a member was not found, or you do not have permission to edit the service. Check the permissions of your admin group.". Is it a bug? I am currentl y using a temp eval license and have both DNSOne with Grid (DNS, DHCP, Grid) and NIOS license enabled. I have not problem to start other services such as DNS, TFTP, FTP etc. The eval image is nios-8.4.4-386831-2019-08-02-04-33-33-discovery.

Thanks!

Re: can not start dhcp service or edit member dhcp properties

Expert
2899     0

I think you might have downloaded the wrong image, it seems you might have downloaded a Network Insight image (as indicated by the word "discovery" in your image filename). I'm surprised you were able to install a DNS/DHCP license on it as it doesn't run DHCP. But maybe there is some strange artefact that lets you do it, either way it won't run DHCP so that'll explain why you are getting the error.

I would suggest downloading the correct image and trying again.

Paul Roberts
PCN (UK) Ltd

All opinions expressed are my own and not representative of PCN Inc./PCN (UK) Ltd. E&OE

Re: can not start dhcp service or edit member dhcp properties

2899     0

Thank you Paul. I downloaded a new image and both DHCP and DNS are working now!

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You