Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

DNS SPF record splitting limit

781     0

I am unable to add the additional IPs to the SPF record because it appears that I have hit the character limit and is unable to split the record for a 3rd time.  The current entries have 481 characters, while the new additions will be 601.  I did notice that I was able to split the characters a 3rd time if the characters were reduced to 500 (including spaces).  Does Infoblox have a maximum SPF record character length?

Re: DNS SPF record splitting limit

Superuser
782     0
Hi, Referring to RFC 1035 section 3.1 it says that "To simplify implementations, the total length of a domain name (i.e., label octets and label length octets) is restricted to 255 octets or less.". Since infoblox comply with that RFC than it has record character length limitation. And the workaround like you did to split the SPF record is also one of the option that commonly choose to implement SPF record.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You