Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Reply

DTC Load Balancing

Techie
Posts: 12
737     0

Hello all, I am trying to figure out how to load balance two servers using DNS Traffic Control

I want to use ratio and make is so that server1, 10.10.10.10 gets 75% of the traffic and server 2, 10.10.10.20, gets the other 25%. Does anyone know what the ratios I should use in the pool set up?

Re: DTC Load Balancing

New Member
Posts: 5
738     0

NIOS Admin Guide provides a similar example under section "Load Balancing Methods for DNS Traffic Control" > "Using the Ratio: Fixed method". Please review.

In your case, you can put server1 and server2 in two individual pools, and configure pool1 with weight = 75 and pool2 with weight = 25. This will make sure that DNS server will respond from pool1 75% of the time and from pool2 25% of the time.


Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You