Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Handling DNS queries for any domain other than preferred one

2367     0

Hi,

I have setup my Infoblox env on AWS. For any DNS requests made to my Infoblox DNS Services, I want to respond to the queries made only for a particular domain lets say abc.com. For DNS queries made to any other domain other than abc.com, should be transferred to a different DNS Server outside Infoblox setup? 

How is this achieved? I see from the documentation that we have to define Named ACLs and then add them to DNS Queries under Grid DNS properties. While creating a Named ACL, I selected TSIG and entered  the name as abc.com. Rather I am unsure if this is how it should be handled for the above scenario.

Any help/insight on this is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Greg 

Re: Handling DNS queries for any domain other than preferred one

Adviser
2368     0

Is the zone new?  If so, go to Data Management, Zones, and create a new authoritative zone.  If the zone, abc.com in your example, already exists, then create a forward zone to send abc.com to whatever exsitng DNS server hosts the zone.  Finally, configure either the appliance or global DNS configuration to forward all queries to your other service "outside Infoblox."

Might look like this with queries going to Infoblox.

Existing (AD?) DNS   <-- Infoblox --> Caching/Other Internet DNS

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You