Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Help changing NOIS Appliance IP addresses

55     0

Hello,

I have been tasked with changing the IP addresses of our two primary NOIS appliances. These appliances run DNS, DHCP, and NTP services. Has anyone ever done this?

In theory, I believe it will work as long as we update the primary and secondary DNS servers on all our servers, update the helper addresses on all our networking equipment, and update the addresses for the appliances in our grid. However, the whole thing makes me nervous. Does anyone have experience with this?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Help changing NOIS Appliance IP addresses

Authority
55     0

Yes a re-ip of DDI servers can be nerve wracking, but with good preparations you can do it during business hours without anyone even noticing. 

What type of setup is this; one HA pair, two HA pairs or two single servers?

If two single servers are they using separate interfaces for DNS/DHCP, Lan1/Lan2?

Do you use DHCP failover or split scope, if split scope is usage well below 50% utilization? 

Is this a re-ip only or also a physical move between racks or DC's? 

Only DHCP clients, or are there also those with static ip's? 

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You