Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

How can I achive VIP redundancey on each VLAN on a highly available member

Guru
2676     0

Hi;

Let's say I have a Highly available grid member providing DNS service. Let's also say that there are two VLANs tagged as 10 and 20 on the HA port of the active node. VLAN 10 is used for receiving recursive queries from internal clients and VLAN 20 is used for receiving queries to Zone authoratative servers from external Internet clients.

I want to allocate the IP address 192.168.1.2 to VLAN 10 and IP address 192.168.2.2 to VLAN 20.

How can these IP addresses fail over to the passive node upon failover, when the passive becomes active node. Would they float to the HA port of the new active node? If not, is there a mechanism to achive that.

I want to segragate the two types of quries, this the two different VLANs.

Kindly

Wasfi

Re: How can I achive VIP redundancey on each VLAN on a highly available member

Guru
2676     0

I think I found the answer. In version 8.4.3 you can use a secondary IP on the VIP interface. Please see attached screen-shotScreen Shot 2019-06-19 at 1.33.49 am.png

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You