Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Import IP csv

5565     0

Hi, I would like to import a csv with IP addresses for a subnet but I can't because of the lack of header, but when I export a csv of IP addresses, I don't have any headers, just the line and columns. How can I do please ?

Re: Import IP csv

Authority
5565     0

Hi martd,

To export the IP address data for the subnet in Infoblox CSV format, navigate to Data Management --> DHCP --> click on the concerned network. (or, open the network in IPAM and click on Go to DHCP View)

Once you are in, you will find the CSV export button on the top-right of the IP address table. Drop down the button and select the option : Export data in Infoblox CSV Import Format.

This will give you the data in CSV format along with the appropriate headers.

Hope this helps

5565     0

Thanks for your help nedward,

But I just want to edit some IP addresses for a better referencing, and when I'm in my subnet, I have my IP addresses untitled and uncommentedn and I would like to import a csv thaht I edited with cmments, title, etc, and when I do what you want me to do : go to DHCP view, I have nothing and whrn I want to export in Infoblox csv format, I got a message which says that there is nothing to export.

Hope we'll find a solution, thanks

Adviser
5565     0

The syntax you need here will depend on the object types that you are looking to update. An easy way to 'cheat' with getting the syntax is to export the network data as was previously recommended.

To clarify the steps- you will want to run this from under the Data Management -> DHCP -> Networks tab. If you are under the IPAM tab, you are looking at an aggregate of DHCP and DNS data and the export does not give you the format that the CSV import feature requires. Once you open the network that you want to export, click on the small dropdown arrow for the export button and select "Export data in Infoblox CSV Import Format".

If you are not seeing these networks under the Data Management -> DHCP tab, it may be that you have discovered networks that are not being 'managed' by NIOS and thusly are considered IPAM only networks. You may need to convert these under the IPAM tab before you will be able to accomplish what you are looking to do here. Refer to the section titled "Converting Unmanaged Networks under IPAM to Managed Status" in the NIOS documentation for details on how to conver networks.

Once you see the network under the DHCP tab, the export and import functions should work for you. Here is a reference that may help you with setting up your CSV file:

header-fixedaddress,ip_address*,_new_ip_address,always_update_dns,boot_file,boot_server,broadcast_address,circuit_id,cli_credentials,comment,ddns_domainname,ddns_hostname,deny_bootp,dhcp_client_identifier,disabled,domain_name,domain_name_servers,enable_ddns,enable_discovery,enable_immediate_discovery,enable_pxe_lease_time,ignore_client_requested_options,lease_time,mac_address,match_option,ms_server,_new_ms_server,name,network_view,next_server,option_logic_filters,override_cli_credentials,override_credential,prepend_zero,pxe_lease_time,remote_id,routers,snmpv1v2_credential,snmpv3_credential,use_snmpv3_credential

fixedaddress,10.60.27.1,,False,,,,,,,,,,,False,,,,True,False,,,,00:00:00:00:00:00,RESERVED,,,,default,,,False,False,False,,,,,,False

Regards,

Tony

5565     0

I'm having the same issue.  We have legacy that we want to import and use IPAM only.  I'm unable to use DNS or DHCP for this project.  

I have networks that I've created as test networks with hosts and I've exported them.  When I try to use the exported format I'm getting an error because of the headers (or lack thereof) on the individual hosts.  

Is there anyway to import hosts without using DHCP/DNS?  It doesn't look like it - but it would really helpful

5566     0

Yes.  I had a lot of trouble with this also.  We are using IPAM only, no dhcp no dns.  I tried to export a network and then import hostnames using EA-Name but it would take.

That will import the name as the hostrecord and keep it static.  Whatever EA-Value you are using should be fine (except vlan, I had trouble with this)

header-hostrecord,configure_for_dns,fqdn,ADDRESS*
hostrecord,FALSE,hostname,ip

When I think fqdn I think of the hostname with the name.domain extension, as in 'fully qualified domain name' so it wasn't very intuitive.  But it does work.  This is probably really late, but hopefully this will be helpful for anyone else with the same issue. the hostname will then show up where you are trying to use EA-Name

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You