Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

IPv4 DHCP Option Cisco_LWAPP_AP

[ Edited ]
Adviser
8467     0

I have the following DHCP global options defined on my legacy ISC DHCP server:

option space Cisco_LWAPP_AP;
option Cisco_LWAPP_AP.server-address code 241 = array of ip-address;
option local-encapsulation code 43 = encapsulate Cisco_LWAPP_AP;

I was able to create the equivalent of the first two lines.  However, I don't see anyway to create "encapsulate Cisco_LWAPP_AP" of the third line.  The type field has a dropdown with fixed options as shown in the screenshot below.

Is there anyway to apply this DHCP option?

2020-06-04_9-51-11.jpg

Re: IPv4 DHCP Option Cisco_LWAPP_AP

Adviser
8468     0

Figured it out...Since we have designated VLANs for APs, adding option 43 on those particular networks and setting "encapsulate Cisco_LWAPP_AP" as the string resolved the issue.

Expert
8468     0

I couldn't see your screenshot for some reason, but setting up the option for Cisco APs is actually really simple, just define a new option space with option 241 as a sub-option then use it in your DHCP options for your WLC IP address:

cisco wlc option.jpg

cisco wlc option on subnet.jpg

Paul Roberts
PCN (UK) Ltd

All opinions expressed are my own and not representative of PCN Inc./PCN (UK) Ltd. E&OE

Expert
8468     0

Then define the match value so you are only matching on "Cisco AP" vendor class:

cisco match value.jpg

Paul Roberts
PCN (UK) Ltd

All opinions expressed are my own and not representative of PCN Inc./PCN (UK) Ltd. E&OE

Adviser
8468     0

Paul, thanks for that!  I was missing the match value parameter in the Grid DHCP Properties.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You