Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Is there a way to make an IPv6 reservation

899     0

Hello,

We've the need to make IPv6 reservation like with IPv4 but there is no option in the GUI.

For IPv4, the reservation is a fixed address with MAC address set to '00:00:00:00:00:00'

Is there a similarly generic DUID that can be used to book an IPv6 address ?

We know the host object option, but we don't want to used it just for an IPv6 reservation

Thank you for your feedback

Re: Is there a way to make an IPv6 reservation

900     0

Hi,

I was wondering the same thing when I was trying to reserve an address in a v6 network.

As far as I know it is not possible the way you described it.

I think there are 2 options:

• Create a AAAA-record for the IP address you want to reserve. If it’s not desired to 'enable' the address in DNS, perhaps the following would be an alternative.
  • Create a host-record and disable DNS on it. At the IPv6 address field you can use the function ‘Next available IP address’.

Perhaps there are other ways to reserve an IP address but I don’t know how. I must say I don't like using host records for just an IPv6 address reservation too, so I hope there is an alternative.

Regards,

Maurice

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You