Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Single MX record with multiple MX servers

3363     1
Hi all,

Just wondered if it was supported to have a single MX record in infoblox that contains multiple mail exchanger entries. If so then what format should they be entered in.

Only asking because I'm using ansible to automate infoblox and there is an issue with the api creating multiple MX records with the same name.

Thanks in advance.
Spence

Re: Single MX record with multiple MX servers

Adviser
3363     1

An MX record contains only one hostname.  I've not seen where you can provide a comma-separated list.  The RFC does seems to say host (singular).

Each MX matches a domain name with two pieces of data, a
preference value (an unsigned 16-bit integer), and the name of a
host.

If there is an issue with the API accepting multiple MX ADD operations, Infoblox support should be able to get the issue resolved!!  That sounds like a bug possibly.  If you  use Postman/CURL/etc. can you send requests to add multiple MX records (to rule out ansible issue)??

Re: Single MX record with multiple MX servers

3364     1

Thanks for your reply, it's not something I'd seen but I thought I'd check. I'll test the API directly and see what response I get.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You