Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

which IP should go in PXE(Next server) when the load balancing method is Round Robin instead of VIP?

1593     0

i was previously using a VIP for 3 TFTP server which was binded to DNS A Record tftpservers.company.com.

tftpservers.company.com = VIP(10.1.1.1) > Node 1 (10.1.1.2)

Node 2 (10.1.1.3)

Node 1 (10.1.1.4)

and this VIP(10.1.1.1) was configured in IPv4 BOOTP/PXE > Next server

now i am trying to change Request Load Balancing method to Round Robin instead of VIP, so my question is which IP should go in Next server when the load balancing method is Round Robin instead of VIP?

Re: which IP should go in PXE(Next server) when the load balancing method is Round Robin instead of

[ Edited ]
1594     0

For PXE requests, you just need to configure the routers to forward the client request to the PXE server, just like you do with the DHCP server. Locate your router, find the DHCP IP helper entry, and add another entry that looks exactly like the first one but uses the IP address of the PXE server.

Re: which IP should go in PXE(Next server) when the load balancing method is Round Robin instead of

1594     0

but how it is going to serve Round robin method then? i have mutiple TFTP servers. previously, a Virtual IP from load balaner(citrix, f5) was load balancing between those servers. my question is if i have multiple TFTP servers configured as Round Robin Fashion for a DNS A Record, which server out of those multiple servers should go as IPv4 BOOTP/PXE server > Next server.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You

Businesses are investing heavily into securing company resources from cyber-attacks form cybercrimin