Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Working with temp licenses

Authority
14855     0

Hi, 

My temp licenses have expired for my lab devices and it seems the only way to renew them is with a reset all licenses command, but doing this will erase all network settings. 

Does this mean the grid members will leave the grid and will have to joined again?

Also will the DNS DHCP data mgmt tab config will also be deleted?

Seems like there has to be a better way of doing this, other vendors simply allow renewing the temp license without any loss to the setup and config!

Greatly appreciate your time. Thanks!

Re: Working with temp licenses

Adviser
14855     0

I think this is done on purpose else one could endlessly extend the templicenses without paying for it. I think this is not fair for such a good product. Quality costs.

What you can do though is make a backup of your database, do a reset all licenses, restore network settings and restore your database. Any running member (without expired gridlicense) should re-join the grid again

Regards, Harry

Adviser
14855     0

Correct, this is done as the temporary license keys are provided on a one-time use basis. Infoblox does work with customers and partners to provide NFR keys for internal use, including for lab and test systems. Your Infoblox account (Sales) representative can assist you with this.

Regards,

Tony

Authority
14855     0

Yeah but it just feels unncesscary as almost all other vendors simply give you the option to renew the temp license. 

The percentage of people who would try to run production with temp licenses has to be < 0.5%.

Authority
14855     0

If I do this I can get licenses for longer duration is that how this works? Or simply the option to not lose all my config?

Authority
14856     0

You can get permanent or licenses for a longer period of time.

However, if these NFR licenses expire you still need to perform the procedure of resetting the entire device.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You