Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Zone secondary in one dns view and the primary server in another view

Techie
2433     0

Hi guys,

I have two dns views, one called Branch and aother one called Backoffice.

There's one domain called rh.corp that  exists in the view Backoffice and I need to create this zone as secondary in the view Branch.

So, I need to know if it is possible to create a secondary zone in one view Branch and put a dns member of this view as secondary and a member of the view Backoffice as the primary.  

Is it possible?

If so, what is the procedure?
Thanks in advance

Re: Zone secondary in one dns view and the primary server in another view

[ Edited ]
2433     0

@jair wrote:

Hi guys,

I have two dns views, one called Branch and aother one called Backoffice.

There's one domain called rh.corp that  disney hub exists in the view Backoffice and I need to create this zone as secondary in the view Branch.So, I need to know if it is possible to create a secondary zone in one view Branch and put a dns member of this view as secondary and a member of the view Backoffice as the primary.  

Is it possible?If so, what is the procedure? Thanks in advance

Any take on this?

Re: Zone secondary in one dns view and the primary server in another view

Authority
2434     0

As described in the Infoblox Admin guide https://docs.infoblox.com/display/nios85/About+DNS+Views , DNS views should be used different versions of DNS data depending on the DNS host/client that is requesting it. As the example with Internal and External DNS views describes , provide your internal DNS clients with the private IP address of a host and provide your external DNS clients with a public/external IP address for the same host.

Your question to use DNS views to configure primary and secondary DNS servers for a zone will not be possible. 

You could use different DNS members inside your Grid to differentiate and have primary and secondary DNS servers serving your DNS zone.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You