Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

VMware

vRA and IPAM Plugin Restart Services

3470     0

All,

I am using vRealize 7.6 and InfoBlox Plugin 4.4.1 (NxIOS 8.0. I have the connection workin and I can deploy VM's from a template.

My issue is that I need to keep the NxIOS) Web Page open because the vRA Plugin is not restarting the DHCP Services when needed.

If I do not restart from the web page (when it askes for a restart) the Vrealize times out nd the deploy fails.

If I restart manually , then the process completes, and the VM DNS Name is registered and the IP allocated.

Any Thoughts?

Re: vRA and IPAM Plugin Restart Services

Adviser
3470     0

The issue here is not really clear because the plugin does not have any requirement to restart services. That is only needed when creating a fixed address and that is because the DHCP configuration must be updated before the fixed address can be served for DHCP. IP addresses, DNS records and fixed addresses would have already been allocated at that point.

To get a better understanding on what the issue is here, you may want to take the full execution and workflow logs to Infoblox Support and see if they can help analyze the issue but based on what you described, this sounds like it may not be a plugin issue.

Regards,

Tony

Adviser
3470     0

One additional note- a possibility is that VMware is failing the deployment for some reason and rolling everything back. To identify the root cause, you will need to go through all of the logs involved and with that information, you should be able to devise a course of action to correct things.

[ Edited ]
3470     0

@TTiscareno wrote:

One additional note- a possibility is that VMware is failing the deployment for some reason and rolling everything back. To identify the root cause, you will need to go through all of the logs involved and with that information, you should be able to devise a course of action to correct things.

That is only needed when creating a fixed address and that is because the DHCP configuration must be updated before the fixed address can be served for DHCP. IP addresses, DNS records and fixed addresses would have already been allocated at that point.

[ Edited ]
3470     0

Installing the NSX plug-in requires that you download the vRealize  7 Restart the vRealize Orchestrator server service. 8 Restart  Before you can create and use an external IPAM provider endpoint in a vRealize Automation.

targetpayandbenefits

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You