Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

EA inheritance not working

Techie
253     0

I will try to keep it simple:

1. Created an IPv4 network
  2. Added extensible attributes with inheritance enabled
  3. Did an import of our current DNS data using the Data Import Wizard
  4. Import also converted the A-records to Host records, this all works fine but then.
  5. At the IPv4 network level checked the: Modify descendant actions for selected inheritable extensible attributes

When I look at the EA's of the hosts within the IPv4 network, nothing is added/inherited. Is there someone who can tell me what I am doing wrong? Or is it works as designed? If so, what would be the best work around? Knowing there are a lot of Host records.

Re: EA inheritance not working

253     0

We're adding a feature to an upcoming maintenance release related to DNS object and VLAN inheritance.  Who is your SE or account manager so I can reach out to them and ensure that our planned change will address this?

Thanks,

Dave

@DaveSignori

Re: EA inheritance not working

253     0

Hi, has this been adressed? I'm experiencing the same issue (running NIOS 8.6.3).
Adding the E. attribute manually to an imported object says "no parent".
When I create a new host object in the same network, I see the EA value and state "Inherited".

KR

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You